If you think I LIKE Thoreau then you are 100% CORRECT!
1. “There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root, and it may be that he who bestows the largest amount of time and money on the needy is doing the most by his mode of life to produce that misery which he strives in vain to relieve.”
2. “Philanthropy is almost the only virtue which is sufficiently appreciated by mankind. Nay, it is greatly overrated; and it is our selfishness which overrates it.”
3. “We should impart our courage, and not our despair, our health and ease, and not our disease, and take care that this does not spread by contagion.”
4. “But I would say to my fellows, once for all, As long as possible live free and uncommitted. It makes but little difference whether you are committed to a farm or the county jail.”
5. “The morning, which is the most memorable season of the day, is the awakening hour. Then there is least somnolence in us; and for an hour, at least, some part of us awakes which slumbers all the rest of the day and night.”
6. “That man who does not believe that each day contains an earlier, more sacred, and auroral hour than he has yet profaned, has despaired of life, and is pursuing a descending and darkening way.”
7. “All memorable events, I should say, transpire in morning time and in a morning atmosphere. The Vedas say, “All intelligences awake with the morning.” Poetry and art, and the fairest and most memorable of the actions of men, date from such an hour.”
More Thoreau to come!
PS. Still looking for people to review my new e/book coming out in January: Guaranteed Wealth Control. This little e-book will shake American corporations up! What I am revealing here has actually been stopped by the IRS under the pretense of the original author and his company participating in income tax evasion!